Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Child, Part 2

Today we continue to look at who we are in God's eyes.  It comes from a letter entitled My Child. For the first post on this series, click here. 

Even the very hairs on your head are numbered - Matthew 10:29-31
For you were made in My image. Genesis 1:27
In me you live and move and have your being - Acts 17:28
For you are my offspring. Acts 17:28.

This reminds me that we're God's children and we were made in His image.  God knows everything about us, including the smallest of details and we're dependent on Him.  I don't always like to admit that last one, but it's true.   What comes to  mind when you read these statements?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments:

Vonda Skelton said...

I'm such a child. I fight going to bed, doing what I should do, getting my way. I fight being quiet and listening to Him when I'd rather do lots of "stuff" and make decisions on my own.

And yet, He alone knows what's best for me. I need to be thanking instead of fighting, don't I? :-)

Ellen Andersen said...

I can relate to that Vonda. I think we all can.