Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Getting back up again

I fell as I walked Tommy this morning.  We were more than halfway home but I lost my balance and hit the pavement.  Fortunately, I’d let go of Tommy and braced myself w/my hands to avoid hitting my face.  My left knee wasn’t so lucky. Though I wore sweats, I scraped up my knee, causing it to bleed.  I got up again and came home, walking slower and more carefully. 


I'm thankful for a few things here.  There wasn't any traffic at that hour, as it was mid-morning. And I only scraped my knee. It could've been a lot worse. 

Sounds like life in general.  When we fall along the way, we get back up again.  There are consequences, but we'll arrive eventually, even if it takes longer.  The wound(s) will heal but it takes time.  

3 comments:

Vonda Skelton said...

I'm so sorry, Ellen, but thankful that you weren't hurt any worse. And you're right, getting back up again is the key to much of success in life! Hope you're back to normal soon!

Cathy Biggerstaff said...

So sorry to hear about your fall, but you made lemonade out of it by writing an encouraging blog. Blessings on you and your knee as it heals.

Ellen Andersen said...

Thanks for stopping by C.J.