Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dancing in the rain

I read a blog today by a friend of mine and one of the lines in her introduction caught my eye.  She’d recently learned she had stage 2 cancer. In her blog, post Trish says, [life is about] “dancing in the rain instead of waiting for the storm to pass.”

Wow.  That’s quite a statement for a woman in her thirties who’s just had a hysterectomy because she has cervical cancer, don’t you think?  Seems to me she’s saying that her focus is less on the battles she faces than on how to live each day in the Lord’s grace. She’s chosen to focus on what He has given her rather than the hurdles she’s facing.

That’s something I need to work on as I go about my days, no matter the frustration(s) I come across.  How about you?  Don’t forget to join the conversation!

2 comments:

Cathy Baker said...

I agree, Ellen. What a great mindset! I love the line you shared -- thank you. I'm going to write it down and keep it handy. Sometimes I let my battles overwhelm me - I look more at the puddles instead of dancing. Thank you for sharing this...

Ellen Andersen said...

Isn't that the truth. I think we'd all do well to keep this in mind.